Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cleaning is a workout!

What's Up?
Let me just say that: after yesterday I was so excited to go to bed & wake up this morning. I love the feeling of waking up clearly when you've eaten right & treated your body right the day before. This has seriously been my motivation lately as I really dislike waking up groggy & like a magnet on my back is attracted to the bed. I am feeling simply fabulous today & I have the work to prove it.

This morning I practically jumped out of bed to get my little Bug & make his breakfast, it felt so great to greet him with a happy Good morning & not be groggy; I could really tell he loved it because he was a dancing machine! About an hour later something clicked in my head of what I wanted to do today & that was: Clean!

I started off purging everything in the house that had been placed in the wrong spot & then got down to the nitty gritty cleaning(think toothbrush house cleaning!). Sometimes when I clean I get so into it that I just can't stop & actually end up looking around the house for a challenge & 3 hours later I had a clean house, organized closets, vacuumed & mopped floors, clean beds, & a rearranged living room! I was sweating so much that even after I stopped & was making lunch I was still dripping sweat(yuck, I know!). I would say I made close to 100 trips down the hallway and back just moving things & putting things away or moving toys since Bug wanted to help! I entered this on MyFitnessPal & it says at a light effort(which I obviously was not cleaning at!) that I burned 367 calories. I am so happy I was able to get some physical activity in even though it wasn't a structured workout I still feel good about it.

Food Log:
Breakfast/AM Snack: Single Serve Cinnamon Applesauce
Lunch:1/2 leftover Enchilada + 8oz Pepsi
PM Snack: 100 Calorie Emeralds Natural Nuts + Raisins
Dinner: 1/2 ChicFila sandwich, medium fry, 1/2 medium sweet tea
2 bottles of water(huge improvement for me who doesn't drink water...Ever!)

Feeling good, tomorrow is a possible workout day but all-in-all as long as it's 3 times a week I'm happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment